- relating to or occurring in the period after the feminist movement of the 1970s.
- relating to or characterized by the more equal treatment of women resulting from the success of this movement: a postfeminist household in which both partners share all tasks equally.
- relating to or noting a more moderate campaign for women’s rights in the era after many of the goals of the feminist movement, as more equal access to educational opportunities, more equal treatment in the workplace, and reproductive rights, were met: postfeminist acceptance of a woman’s right to prioritize either her career or her family.
- a person who believes in, promotes, or embodies any of various ideologies springing from the feminism of the 1970s.
Origin of postfeminist
Examples from the Web for post-feminist
Contemporary Examples of post-feminist
Brown was the epitome of the post-feminist idea of her time as an over 40 single mother with a powerful career.The Evolution of The Single Woman on TV
January 7, 2014
More electives in post-feminist, pre-capitalist, hegemonic, Third World revolution.What Occupy Harvard Should Tell Liberal Elite Parents on Thanksgiving
November 20, 2011
The average dad-olescent is essentially a decent guy, raised on post-feminist values.Dad-olescence: The New Midlife Crisis
October 27, 2009
- resulting from or including the beliefs and ideas of feminism
- differing from or showing moderation of these beliefs and ideas
- a person who believes in or advocates any of the ideas that have developed from the feminist movement