- the state, condition, or quality of being pregnant.
Origin of pregnancy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the state or condition of being pregnant
- the period from conception to childbirth
Word Origin and History for post-pregnancy
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The condition of a woman or female mammal from conception until birth; the condition of being pregnant.
- The period during which a woman or female mammal is pregnant.cyesis
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The condition of carrying developing offspring within the body.
- The time period during which this condition exists; gestation.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.