- Also called pre·teen·ag·er [pree-teen-ey-jer] /priˈtinˌeɪ dʒər/, pre·teen·er. a boy or girl under the age of 13, especially one between the ages of 9 and 12.
- preteens, the years immediately preceding one's thirteenth birthday.
- designating or characteristic of a preteen or preteens: two preteen daughters.
Origin of preteen
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a boy or girl approaching his or her teens
- Relating to or designed for children especially between the ages of 10 and 12.
- Being a child especially between the ages of 10 and 12; preadolescent.
- A preteen boy or girl.