- to express in precise form; state definitely or systematically: He finds it extremely difficult to formulate his new theory.
- to devise or develop, as a method, system, etc.
- to reduce to or express in a formula.
Origin of formulate
SynonymsSee more synonyms for formulate on Thesaurus.com
1. articulate, frame, compose, define, specify.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to put into or express in systematic terms; express in or as if in a formula
- to devise
Word Origin and History for preformulated
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper