- of, relating to, or noting reproduction.
- of or relating to the sexual organs.
- of or relating to the genital phase of psychosexual development.
- of or relating to the centering of sexual impulses and excitation on the genitalia.
Origin of genital
Word Origin and History for pregenital
late 14c., in membres genytal "the genitals," from Latin genitalis "pertaining to generation or birth" (also a by-name of the goddess Diana), from genitus, past participle of gignere "to beget" (see genus). As a noun meaning "sex organ" from mid-15c.
- Of or relating to biological reproduction.
- Of or relating to the genitalia.
- Of or relating to the stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory beginning in puberty and during which the genitals become the focus of sexual gratification.
- A reproductive organ, especially one of the external sex organs.