- of or relating to menstruation or to the menses.
- Archaic. monthly.
Origin of menstrual
- of or occurring before a menstrual period
- of or occuring before the menarche
- of or relating to menstruation or the menses
late 14c., "pertaining to menses," also (in astronomy) "monthly," from Old French menstruel, from Latin menstrualis "monthly," especially "of or having monthly courses," from menstruus "of a month, every month, monthly, pertaining to a month," from mensis "month" (see moon (n.)).
- Of or occurring in the period just before menstruation.
- Of or relating to menstruation.