- a person who is a student at or a graduate of a preparatory school.
- a person who favors or is viewed as favoring clothing style or behavior associated with traditional preparatory schools.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of preparatory schools or their students.
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or being a style in dress or mode of behavior of a preppy.
Origin of preppy
Examples from the Web for preppie
Contemporary Examples of preppie
That was the case 23 years ago with the “Preppie Killer,” Robert Chambers.Deadly Good Looks?
April 23, 2009
- characteristic of or denoting a fashion style of neat, understated, and often expensive clothes; young but classic: suggesting that the wearer is well off, upper class, and conservative
- a person exhibiting such style
Word Origin for preppy
"student at a preparatory school," 1962, also preppy; see prep. As an adjective from 1966. An older variant in the noun sense was prepper (1921), also prepster (1938).