- to sell in advance, as before manufacture or construction: to presell a planned house.
Origin of presell
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to promote (a product, entertainment, etc) with publicity in advance of its appearance
- to prepare (the public) for a product, entertainment, etc, with advance publicity
- to agree a sale of (a product) before it is available
- to sell (a book) before its publication date
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012