- of or relating to Europe or its inhabitants.
- native to or derived from Europe: traditional European customs; European languages.
- a native or inhabitant of Europe.
- a person of European descent.
- (in East Africa and Asia) a white person; Caucasian.
Origin of European
Examples from the Web for pro-european
Contemporary Examples of pro-european
One thing that would help is if the government toned down its pro-European rhetoric, Benedict argues.Ukraine Revolutionaries Bitter about Crimea Loss and Kiev Incompetence
March 27, 2014
He has intimidated and humiliated the fledgling pro-European government in Kiev.Obama’s Nuclear Summit Aimed to Stop Terrorists. Now Putin’s the Issue.
Christopher Dickey, Jamie Dettmer, Nadette De Visser
March 25, 2014
Or that the pro-European protests rocking Ukraine are part of a Western plot to revenge 18th-century Tsarist military victories?Putin’s New Shock Jock
December 17, 2013
In a speech on Thursday, Vice President Joe Biden expressed his sympathy for the pro-European street protests in the Ukraine.Biden Backs Ukrainian Protesters
December 13, 2013
- having enthusiasm or admiration for the European Union
- a person who admires the European Union
- of or relating to Europe or its inhabitants
- native to or derived from Europe
- a native or inhabitant of Europe
- a person of European descent
- a supporter of the European Union or of political union of the countries of Europe or a part of it
c.1600, from French Européen, from Latin Europaeus, from Greek Europaios "European," from Europe (see Europe).