- the science or study of mental disorders.
- the conditions and processes of a mental disorder.
- a pathological deviation from normal or efficient behavior; psychosis.
Origin of psychopathology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for psychopathological
Psychic impotence is a symptom which occurs accidentally in the normal state and very frequently in psychopathological conditions.The Sexual Question
- the scientific study of mental disorders
Word Origin and History for psychopathological
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The study of the origin, development, and manifestations of mental or behavioral disorders.
- The manifestation of a mental or behavioral disorder.