- the science or study of mental disorders.
- the conditions and processes of a mental disorder.
- a pathological deviation from normal or efficient behavior; psychosis.
Origin of psychopathology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for psychopathological
Historical Examples of psychopathological
Psychic impotence is a symptom which occurs accidentally in the normal state and very frequently in psychopathological conditions.The Sexual Question
- the scientific study of mental disorders
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for psychopathological
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The study of the origin, development, and manifestations of mental or behavioral disorders.
- The manifestation of a mental or behavioral disorder.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.