- a heraldic officer of the lowest class, ranking below a herald.
- an official attendant on heralds.
- any attendant or follower.
Origin of pursuivant
Examples from the Web for pursuivant
Historical Examples of pursuivant
Pursuivant of love, the favourite title of a knight, I. 202.The History of Chivalry, Volume I (of 2)
Why, I proposed to devote myself to the Pursuivant to-morrow!'
Time to put it into the Pursuivant would have made all the difference!
It was lucky for the Pursuivant that they were not its caterers.
Our pursuivant and Bolton shall escort him to Dunbar, and ship him off for Flanders.The Monastery
Sir Walter Scott
- the lowest rank of heraldic officer
- history a state or royal messenger
- history a follower or attendant