[kwo-druhp-lit, -droo-plit, kwod-roo-plit]
- any group or combination of four.
- quadruplets, four children or offspring born of one pregnancy.
- one of four such children or offspring.
- Music. a group of four notes of equal value performed in the time normally taken for three.
Origin of quadruplet
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for quadruplet
But if, quite satisfied with your service, I propose to you five quadruplet instead of four, you would accept it without doubt.The Guide of the Desert
- one of four offspring born at one birthOften shortened to: quad
- a group or set of four similar things
- music a group of four notes to be played in a time value of three
Word Origin and History for quadruplet
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
quadruplet(kwŏ-drōō′plĭt, -drŭp′lĭt, kwŏd′rə-plĭt)
- One of four offspring born in a single birth.