- Charles Christopher, Jr.Bird, 1920–55, U.S. jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Dorothy (Rothschild),1893–1967, U.S. author.
- Sir Gilbert,1862–1932, Canadian novelist and politician in England.
- Horatio William,1863–1919, U.S. composer, organist, and teacher.
- John,1729–75, American Revolutionary patriot.
- Matthew,1504–75, English theologian.
- Quanah. Quanah.
- Theodore,1810–60, U.S. preacher, theologian, and reformer.
- a male given name.
- Quanah Parker, 1845?–1911, Comanche leader.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Sir Alan (William). born 1944, British film director and screenwriter; his films include Bugsy Malone (1976), Midnight Express (1978), Mississippi Burning (1988), The Commitments (1991), and Angela's Ashes (2000); chairman of the British Film Institute (1998–99) and of the Film Council (1999–2004)
- Charlie. nickname Bird or Yardbird. 1920–55, US jazz alto saxophonist and composer; the leading exponent of early bop
- Dorothy (Rothschild). 1893–1967, US writer, noted esp for the ironical humour of her short stories
- Matthew. 1504–75, English prelate. As archbishop of Canterbury (1559–75), he supervised Elizabeth I's religious settlement