- Mount, a volcanic peak in W Washington, in the Cascade Range. 14,408 feet (4392 meters).
Origin of rainy
- Rainier Louis Hen·ri Max·ence Ber·trand de Gri·mal·di [lwee ahn-ree mak-sahns ber-trahn duh gree-mal dee] /lwi ɑ̃ˈri makˈsɑ̃s bɛrˈtrɑ̃ də gri mal ˈdi/, Prince of Monaco,1923–2005, reigning prince of Monaco 1949–2005.
Related Words for rainierstormy, wet, drizzly, moist, damp, coastal, showery, hyetal, pluvial, pluvious
Examples from the Web for rainier
Contemporary Examples of rainier
Did Arnold Schwarzenegger ever reach out to you about Rainier Wolfcastle?Harry Shearer on Being Nixon, ‘The Simpsons Movie’ Sequel, and Why Obama Should Return His Nobel
October 21, 2014
Historical Examples of rainier
Often Rainier's summit is lost in mists and clouds, and there is no view.
But Rainier surpasses them all in height, bulk, and majesty.
North and south of Rainier this slope is more gradual and densely wooded.
The volcanic rocks of Rainier are of varying color and texture.
In texture, the Rainier lavas are, for the most part, compact.
- Mount Rainier a mountain in W Washington State: the highest mountain in the state and in the Cascade Range. Height: 4392 m (14 410 ft)
- full name Rainier Louis Henri Maxence Bertrand de Grimaldi . 1923–2005, ruling prince of Monaco from 1949. He married (1956) the US actress Grace Kelly (1929–82)
- characterized by a large rainfalla rainy climate
- wet or showery; bearing rain