- the name of several kings of ancient Egypt.
- Raamses. Ex. 12:37; Num. 33:3–5.
- 1324?–1258 b.c., king of ancient Egypt.
- 1292–1225 b.c., king of ancient Egypt.
- 1198–1167 b.c., king of ancient Egypt.
Examples from the Web for ramses
Contemporary Examples of ramses
They were arrested at Cairo's Ramses Square on August 16, caught up in the dragnet of a mass arrest carried out by the military.Interview With Canadian Filmmaker John Greyson Following His Release from Cairo's Tora Prison
October 11, 2013
Elsewhere, there were clashes across the river, east of downtown in Ramses Square.Egypt’s Military Holiday Marred By Deaths
October 7, 2013
In Ramses Square, where the pro-Morsi marches were supposed to end, blood soaked the streets.Egypt’s Day of Rage
August 16, 2013
“People in Egypt have conspiracy theories about Jews,” Ramses told The Daily Beast in Cairo this week.The Last Jews of Egypt
March 28, 2013
Historical Examples of ramses
Ramses took up the work where his father had relinquished it.
They did not alter the rest of the sculpture; so that Ramses II.
And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Ramses.'
The city of Ramses, built by the Israelites, was doubtless the most important in Goshen.
Pictures of it have been preserved on the monuments of Ramses II.The Hittites
A. H. Sayce
- any of 12 kings of ancient Egypt, who ruled from ?1315 to ?1090 bc
- died ?1225 bc, king of ancient Egypt (?1292–?25). His reign was marked by war with the Hittites and the construction of many colossal monuments, esp the rock temple at Abu Simbel
- died ?1167 bc, king of ancient Egypt (?1198–?67). His reign was marked by wars in Libya and Syria