- capable of being rated or appraised.
- proportional: ratable distribution of wealth.
Origin of ratable
Examples from the Web for rateable
Historical Examples of rateable
The rateable annual value of the parishes, towns and villages is about 400,000.
The rateable value of it is over twenty-six million eight hundred thousand pounds sterling.Dusty Diamonds Cut and Polished
The area is 1020 acres, rateable value £945, population 137, entirely agricultural.A History of Horncastle
James Conway Walter
When first rated to the poor in Queen Elizabeths time it contained less than a hundred rateable persons.Haunted London
The party 679 on whom it falls is entitled to a rateable contribution from the others.
- a variant spelling of ratable
- able to be rated or evaluated
- British (of property) liable to payment of rates