- to determine or set the value or amount of; appraise: to evaluate property.
- to judge or determine the significance, worth, or quality of; assess: to evaluate the results of an experiment.
- Mathematics. to determine or calculate the numerical value of (a formula, function, relation, etc.).
Origin of evaluate
Synonyms for evaluateSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for re-evaluatingreevaluate, reexamine, amend, rethink, review, revise, reassess, reconsider, analyze, rearrange, rework, rehash, retrace, emend, polish, correct, remember, debrief, recall, recollect
Examples from the Web for re-evaluating
Contemporary Examples of re-evaluating
Re-evaluating the placement of products in exchanges is just one aspect of this holistic approach to strengthening values.Gagging the Corps: A Marine Commandant’s War on Newsprint
February 26, 2014
- to ascertain or set the amount or value of
- to judge or assess the worth of; appraise
- maths logic to determine the unique member of the range of a function corresponding to a given member of its domain
Word Origin for evaluate
1842, from French évaluer or else a back-formation from evaluation. Originally in mathematics. Related: Evaluated; evaluating.