- the quality or condition of being reactive.
- Chemistry. the relative capacity of an atom, molecule, or radical to undergo a chemical reaction with another atom, molecule, or compound.
- Physics. a measure of the deviation from the condition at which a nuclear reactor is critical.
- Immunology. the ability of an antigen to combine with an antibody.
Origin of reactivity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for reactivitiesnervousness, subtlety, sympathy, sense, feeling, awareness, susceptibility, consciousness, delicacy, sensation, acuteness, receptiveness, sensitiveness, reactivity, sensibility, impressionability, reactiveness
- The property of reacting.
- The process of reacting.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.