- to treat or process (used or waste materials) so as to make suitable for reuse: recycling paper to save trees.
- to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form or nature of: The old factory is being recycled as a theater.
- to use again in the original form or with minimal alteration: The governor recycled some speeches from his early days.
- to cause to pass through a cycle again: to recycle laundry through a washing machine.
- to pass through a cycle again; repeat a process from the beginning.
- to undergo reuse or renewal; be subject to or suitable for further use, activity, etc.: The industry will recycle and become profitable once more.
- the act or process of recycling.
Origin of recycle
Examples from the Web for recyclable
Contemporary Examples of recyclable
The prototypes are built from a recyclable flat foam-rubber called ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA).Origami Shoe Design to Revolutionize Footwear
September 20, 2013
China has stopped taking thousands of tons of recyclable trash from the U.S., which could mean huge garbage back-ups for cities.Is China’s Junk Appetite Declining?
May 9, 2013
- to pass (a substance) through a system again for further treatment or use
- to reclaim (packaging or products with a limited useful life) for further use
- to institute a different cycle of processes or events in (a machine, system, etc)
- to repeat (a series of operations)
- the repetition of a fixed sequence of events