- to determine or set the value or amount of; appraise: to evaluate property.
- to judge or determine the significance, worth, or quality of; assess: to evaluate the results of an experiment.
- Mathematics. to determine or calculate the numerical value of (a formula, function, relation, etc.).
Origin of evaluate
Synonyms for evaluate
Related Words for reevaluatedreexamine, amend, rethink, rearrange, rework, revise, reassess, rehash, retrace, review, emend, polish, correct, replan
Examples from the Web for reevaluated
Contemporary Examples of reevaluated
He pulled the plug and reevaluated before trying a "more rigorous" approach for the next round of training programs.Back to School for the Billionaires
May 2, 2011
Historical Examples of reevaluated
In the light of this material, the whole question of racial origins may well have to be reevaluated.The Issahar Artifacts
Jesse Franklin Bone
- to ascertain or set the amount or value of
- to judge or assess the worth of; appraise
- maths logic to determine the unique member of the range of a function corresponding to a given member of its domain
Word Origin for evaluate
Word Origin and History for reevaluated
1842, from French évaluer or else a back-formation from evaluation. Originally in mathematics. Related: Evaluated; evaluating.