- to restore moisture or fluid to (something dehydrated).
Origin of rehydrate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for rehydration
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The restoration of fluid to a dehydrated substance.
- The replenishment of bodily fluids.
- To cause rehydration of something.
- To replenish the body fluids of an individual.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.