- of or relating to relativity or relativism.
- subject to the special or the general theory of relativity.
- (of a velocity) having a magnitude that is a significant fraction of the speed of light.
- (of a particle) having a relativistic velocity: radiation from relativistic electrons.
Origin of relativistic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- physics having or involving a speed close to that of light so that the behaviour is described by the theory of relativity rather than by Newtonian mechanicsa relativistic electron; a relativistic velocity
- physics of, concerned with, or involving relativity
- of or relating to relativism