- of, relating to, or causing a relaxation.
- Pharmacology. a drug that relaxes, especially one that lessens strain in muscle.
Origin of relaxant
Examples from the Web for relaxant
Contemporary Examples of relaxant
Because cigarettes can be either a stimulant or a relaxant, the game has two modes.Get Therapy Through Your iPhone
September 11, 2010
Historical Examples of relaxant
Then the medicines should be anti-spasmodic and relaxant, tonic, diaphoretic, and lubricating.
It is used in the form of poultice for locked-jaw, and as a relaxant in rigidity of the muscular structure.
- med a drug or agent that relaxes, esp one that relaxes tense muscles
- of, relating to, or tending to produce relaxation
1771, from Latin relaxantem (nominative relaxans), present participle of relaxare (see relax). As a noun from 1832.
- Something, such as a drug or therapeutic treatment, that relaxes or relieves muscular or nervous tension.
- Tending to relax or to relieve tension.