- to make a copy, representation, duplicate, or close imitation of: to reproduce a picture.
- to produce again or anew by natural process: to reproduce a severed branch.
- Biology. to produce one or more other individuals of (a given kind of organism) by some process of generation or propagation, sexual or asexual.
- to cause or foster the reproduction of (organisms).
- to produce, form, make, or bring about again or anew in any manner.
- to recall to the mind or have a mental image of (a past incident, scene, etc.), as by the aid of memory or imagination.
- to produce again, as a play produced at an earlier time.
- to reproduce its kind, as an organism; propagate; bear offspring.
- to turn out in a given manner when copied: This picture will reproduce well.
Origin of reproduce
Synonyms for reproduce
Examples from the Web for reproducer
Historical Examples of reproducer
The reproducer (Fig. 149) is somewhat more complicated than the recorder.How it Works
The reproducer consists of a sensitive diaphragm to which is attached a needle.Physics
Willis Eugene Tower
It is your property, unquestionably; and it gets to the hand of a reproducer and he says, "This is not uncovered."
I think that both the reproducer and the artist should know the exact situation at the very outset.
I am not a reproducer; I am a lawyer, and the reproducers may be able to advise me.
- a person or thing that makes reproductions
- a complete sound reproduction system
- another name for loudspeaker
- to make a copy, representation, or imitation of; duplicate
- (also intr) biology to undergo or cause to undergo a process of reproduction
- to produce or exhibit again
- to bring back into existence again; re-create
- to bring before the mind again (a scene, event, etc) through memory or imagination
- (intr) to come out (well, badly, etc), when copied
- to replace (damaged parts or organs) by a process of natural growth; regenerate
- to cause (a sound or television recording) to be heard or seen
- To produce a counterpart, an image, or a copy of something.
- To bring something to mind again.
- To generate offspring by sexual or asexual means.