- to make repayment or return for (service, benefits, etc.).
- to make retaliation for (a wrong, injury, etc.); avenge.
- to make return to (a person, group, etc.) for service, benefits, etc.
- to retaliate on (a person, group, etc.) for a wrong, injury, etc.
- to give or do in return.
Origin of requite
Synonyms for requite
Antonyms for requite
Related Words for requitingsatisfy, quit, return, redress, pay, make, reciprocate, redeem, remunerate, revenge, repay, settle, respond, recompense, reimburse, retaliate, indemnify, reward, restitution
Examples from the Web for requiting
Historical Examples of requiting
My own acceptance is not that they are imposing upon us: that they are requiting us.The Book of the Damned
I was betrothed to Pierre Philibert, and how am I requiting his love?The Golden Dog
This was a singular way of requiting them for their services.The Wonder Island Boys: Conquest of the Savages
Roger Thompson Finlay
For generosity is of two kinds: doing a kindness and requiting one.De Officiis
Marcus Tullius Cicero
He will make a good and faithful servant, requiting kindness with zeal.Port O' Gold
Louis John Stellman
- (tr) to make return to (a person for a kindness or injury); repay with a similar action