- a restorative agent, means, or the like.
- a means of restoring a person to consciousness: Smelling salts serve as a restorative.
Origin of restorative
Related Words for restorativecurative, corrective, therapeutic, tonic, healing, analeptic, healthful, remedial, antidotal, recuperative, curable, medicinal
Examples from the Web for restorative
Contemporary Examples of restorative
After, the restorative effects of “two jiggers from an old bottle of Wild Turkey,” he began the next chapter of his life.10 Revelations from ‘Rather Outspoken’ Autobiography
April 28, 2012
And next week I'm starting something very exciting with a woman who is going to do an hour of restorative yoga with me.Kathleen Turner's New Broadway High
April 17, 2011
A-listers including Madonna, Matthew McConaughey, and Demi Moore are hawking the restorative powers of coconut water.What's Next for Foodies
Jacquelynn D. Powers
September 10, 2010
Despite all this sensational, restorative sex, Stone is a teeny bit defensive about his heterosexuality.Do I Have to Read Kisser?
February 13, 2010
Historical Examples of restorative
He helped me to a seat, and handed me a glass containing a restorative.In the Days of Drake
J. S. Fletcher
The restorative effects of the meal were beginning to wear off.Jill the Reckless
P. G. (Pelham Grenville) Wodehouse
His restorative was only just in time, for many of them were already almost dead.The Three Midshipmen
Nothing could be better for a person in the Count's condition as a restorative.A History of the French Novel, Vol. 1
"It is nothing," he explained, when he had been given a restorative.How It All Came Round
L. T. Meade
- tending to revive or renew health, spirits, etc
- anything that restores or revives, esp a drug or agent that promotes health or strength
late 14c., from Old French restoratif from restorer (see restore).
early 15c., from restorative (adj.), or from Medieval Latin restaurativum "a restorative."
- Of or relating to restoration.
- Tending or having the power to restore.
- A medicine or other agent that helps to restore health, strength, or consciousness.