- a person who brings something to life or view again.
- a believer in resurrection.
- Also called resurrection man. a person who exhumes and steals dead bodies, especially for dissection; body snatcher.
Origin of resurrectionist
Examples from the Web for resurrectionist
Historical Examples of resurrectionist
You have been a resurrectionist (as it is called), I understand?
You have been a resurrectionist (as it is called) I understand?The History of Burke and Hare
George Mac Gregor
Diary of a Resurrectionist, description and authorship of, 124.fac-simile of page of, 138.The Diary of a Resurrectionist, 1811-1812
James Blake Bailey
But peering from the 87 window, he saw that the resurrectionist was a dog, which already had its teeth in the cloak.The Little Minister
J. M. Barrie
Taylor was recognised as a notorious body-snatcher, or resurrectionist, and Martin was an undertaker.
- facetious (formerly) a body snatcher
- a member of an Anglican religious community founded in 1892
- a person who believes in the Resurrection