- to trace backward; go back over: to retrace one's steps.
- to go back over with the memory.
- to go over again with the sight or attention.
Origin of retrace
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to go back over (one's steps, a route, etc) againwe retraced the route we took last summer
- to go over (a past event) in the mind; recall
- to go over (a story, account, etc) from the beginning
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper