- to bring about a revolution in; effect a radical change in: to revolutionize petroleum refining methods.
- to subject to a political revolution.
Origin of revolutionize
Examples from the Web for revolutionise
Historical Examples of revolutionise
If established it will revolutionise our whole views of life.Robert Elsmere
Mrs. Humphry Ward
If he stayed long enough, he might revolutionise the hours of London.Before and after Waterloo
Photography and printing have combined to revolutionise the art of illustration.Inventions in the Century
William Henry Doolittle
But it is one thing to reform, and another to revolutionise.
Men have tried to turn "revolutionise" from a transitive to an intransitive verb.Orthodoxy
G. K. Chesterton
- to bring about a radical change inscience has revolutionized civilization
- to inspire or infect with revolutionary ideasthey revolutionized the common soldiers
- to cause a revolution in (a country, etc)