- to work or form again: to rework gold.
- to revise or rewrite: to rework an essay.
- to process again or anew for reuse: to rework wool.
- an act or instance of reworking: His latest book is merely a rework of his earlier novel.
Origin of rework
Related Words for reworkrewrite, edit, modify, revamp, adapt, alter, revise, reshape, redraw, emend, redraft
Examples from the Web for rework
Historical Examples of rework
So, to keep myself from going batty, I started to rework the business of who had done what to the Maintainer.The Big Time
Fritz Reuter Leiber
He therefore decided to rework his material and to illustrate his publications with enlarged photographs.The Appendages, Anatomy, and Relationships of Trilobites
Percy Edward Raymond
- to use again in altered formthe theme has been reworked in countless well-known poems
- to rewrite or revise
- to reprocess for use again