- belonging to the plant family Rosaceae.Compare rose family.
- having a corolla of five broad petals, like that of a rose.
- like a rose; roselike: rosaceous loveliness.
- rose-colored; rosy.
Origin of rosaceous
Examples from the Web for rosaceous
Historical Examples of rosaceous
Avens, the English name of two rosaceous plants of the genus Geum.
In some Rosaceous plants an epicalyx is present, due to the formation of stipulary structures by the sepals.
The larvæ are not indiscriminate feeders, but prefer the foliage of certain members of the Rosaceous family of plants.American Pomology
J. A. Warder
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Rosaceae, a family of flowering plants typically having white, yellow, pink, or red five-petalled flowers. The family includes the rose, strawberry, blackberry, and many fruit trees such as apple, cherry, and plum
- of the colour rose; rose-coloured; rosy