- a small, light automobile or other vehicle, usually with an open top; roadster.
- a small pleasure motorboat.
- a person who roves around from place to place or group to group.
Origin of runabout
Examples from the Web for runabout
Historical Examples of runabout
I'll meet you in the runabout and we can go out to the Beach Inn for dinner.Blue-grass and Broadway
Maria Thompson Daviess
Harry and his drag have taken the place of Dan and his runabout.'Charge It'
Merrick had descended from the runabout and gone out of the cave.The Rover Boys on the Farm
Arthur M. Winfield (AKA Edward Stratemeyer)
And then he and his brothers wheeled it to one side, so the runabout could pass.The Rover Boys in the Air
Roger drove his chum down to the railroad station in the runabout.Dave Porter in the Gold Fields
- a small car, esp one for use in a town
- a light aircraft
- a light motorboat
- a person who moves about constantly or busily
- (intr, adverb) to move busily from place to place