- a saline marsh, spring, or the like.
- a saltworks.
Origin of salina
- a city in central Kansas.
Examples from the Web for salina
Historical Examples of salina
She was born in Hamilton county, Ohio, and came to Salina in 1870.
I am inclined to think that the river Valchita loses itself in this salina.At Home with the Patagonians
George Chaworth Musters
The governor, with his party, had just left the house for Tehuantepec and Salina Cruz.Diplomatic Days
With the salt in this the Salina formation there are many beds of gypsum.North America
Israel C. Russell
But Salina, who was in her room at the time, averred that she had not been disturbed, even by a sound.Cudjo's Cave
J. T. Trowbridge
- a salt marsh, lake, or spring
Word Origin for salina
- An area of land encrusted with crystalline salt, especially a salt pan or a salt-encrusted playa.
- A body of water, such as a salt marsh, spring, pond, or lake, having a high saline content.