[pres-kuh t, -kot]
- Samuel,1751–77, U.S. patriot during the American Revolution: rode with Paul Revere and William Dawes to warn Colonists that British troops were marching from Boston, April 18, 1775.
- William,1726–95, American Revolutionary military leader.
- William Hick·ling [hik-ling] /ˈhɪk lɪŋ/, 1796–1859, U.S. historian (grandson of William Prescott).
- a city in central Arizona.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- John Leslie. Baron. born 1938, British politician: deputy leader of the Labour Party (1994–2007); deputy prime minister (1997–2007); secretary of state for the environment, transport, and the regions (1997–2001); minister for local government and the regions (2002–07)
- William Hickling (ˈhɪklɪŋ). 1796–1859, US historian, noted for his work on the history of Spain and her colonies
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012