- Samuel C(hao) C(hung) [chou choo ng] /tʃaʊ tʃʊŋ/, born 1936, U.S. physicist: Nobel prize 1976.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a high metallic sound such as that made by a small bell
- to make or cause to make such a sound
C15: of imitative origin
- (often capital) a variant spelling of thing 2
- Samuel Chao Chung. born 1936, US physicist, who discovered the J/psi particle independently of Burton Richter, with whom he shared (1976) the Nobel prize for physics
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012