- the deposition or accumulation of sediment.
Origin of sedimentation
Examples from the Web for sedimentation
Historical Examples of sedimentation
Sedimentation from this point of view is a convection of energy.The Birth-Time of the World and Other Scientific Essays
J. (John) Joly
The sedimentation process, moreover, raises river channels above the level of the nearby terrain.Area Handbook for Albania
Eugene K. Keefe
Sedimentation is still going on at river mouths and along the coasts, where deltas are being built and mangrove thickets flourish.A Racial Study of the Fijians
Norman E. Gabel
Varying winds may348 drive currents this way and that, causing alternations in sedimentation.
Where oceanic currents are annually reversed by monsoons, sedimentation may be regularly varied, or interrupted, once a year.
- the process of formation of sedimentary rocks
- the deposition or production of sediment
- chem biochem the process by which large molecules or macroscopic particles are concentrated in a centrifugal field in a centrifuge or ultracentrifuge
- The act or process of depositing or forming a sediment.