- Prosody. a stanza of four to seven lines with a distinctive rhythmic pattern.
- a Spanish dance in triple meter for two persons.
- the music for this dance.
Origin of seguidilla
Examples from the Web for seguidilla
Historical Examples of seguidilla
It is the seguidilla, with its gracious memories, which gives life to the Feria.Things seen in Spain
C. Gasquoine Hartley
Many of them are but slight variations from the Fandango and Seguidilla.
And for answer she softly sings to him that rapturous song of the Seguidilla.
Sings of "an inn near the ramparts of Sevilla" where she will go to dance the Seguidilla.
The Tigercat looked at his new ally with a stare of surprise, shrugged his shoulders, and whistled a Mexican seguidilla.Stoneheart
- a Spanish dance in a fast triple rhythm
- a piece of music composed for or in the rhythm of this dance
- prosody a stanzaic form consisting of four to seven lines and marked by a characteristic rhythm