- curing or curative; prescribed or helping to heal.
- growing sound; getting well; mending.
- the act or process of regaining health: a new drug to accelerate healing.
Origin of healing
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for self-healing
He soon hit upon a device to lessen his self-healing labors.Miss Ravenel's conversion from secession to loyalty
J. W. de Forest
But the time such a self-healing proceeding would occupy might be ruinous.Desperate Remedies
These forces are the self-propelling and self-healing forces of the creative mood.The Lost Art of Reading
Gerald Stanley Lee
- the act or instance of healing onself
- (as modifier)the self-healing process
Word Origin and History for self-healing
"restoration to health," Old English hæling; see heal. Figurative sense of "restoration of wholeness" is from early 13c.; meaning "touch that cures" is from 1670s.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper