Origin of reflective
SynonymsSee more synonyms for reflective on Thesaurus.com
4. contemplative, thoughtful. See pensive.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for self-reflective
This is Gaza today: the self-reflective confidence of an academic conference along with the dwindling of public services.Gaza After The Dust Settled
February 19, 2013
Signification expresses the self-reflective dimension of signs.
It is present even in the interrelations of these aspects because politics is also self-reflective.
- characterized by quiet thought or contemplation
- capable of reflectinga reflective surface
- produced by reflection
Word Origin and History for self-reflective
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.
- Capable of or producing reflection.
- Characterized by or given to meditation or contemplation; thoughtful.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.