- constructive and sure, rather than skeptical.
- concerned with or based on matters of experience: positive philosophy.
- of, relating to, or characterized by positive electricity.
- indicating a point in a circuit that has a higher potential than that of another point, the current flowing from the point of higher potential to the point of lower potential.
- (of blood, affected tissue, etc.) indicating the presence of a specified medical condition or substance:Her urine was positive for opiates.
- (of a diagnostic test) indicating the presence of the medical condition or substance tested for:a positive test for tuberculosis.
- (of a person) diagnosed as having a specified medical condition, or having a specified substance in the body (often used in combination):He's HIV positive.She tested positive for lupus.
- the positive degree.
- a form in the positive, as good or smooth.
Words nearby positive
Origin of positive
SYNONYMS FOR positive
OTHER WORDS FROM positive
Examples from the Web for sex-positive
The only proper punishment for “teaching people how to be sex-positive and overcome patriarchy”?
And then there was a dorm called Harkness, which is just an Eyes Wide Shut sex-positive nightmare dorm.Lena Dunham’s Improv Night at the Upright Citizens Brigade|Marlow Stern|March 4, 2013|DAILY BEAST
They lead open, affirming, sex-positive, and religious lives in every Christian and Jewish denomination in America.
A modern honeytrap with a sex-positive, Euro-feminist spin makes sense in these gentler yet deadly times.
British Dictionary definitions for sex-positive
- constructive rather than sceptical
- (of a concept) denoting the presence rather than the absence of some property
- having a value greater than zeroa positive number
- designating, consisting of, or graduated in one or more quantities greater than zeropositive direction
- measured in a direction opposite to that regarded as negative
- having the same magnitude as but opposite sense to an equivalent negative quantity
- (of an electric charge) having an opposite polarity to the charge of an electron and the same polarity as the charge of a proton
- (of a body, system, ion, etc) having a positive electric charge; having a deficiency of electronsa positive ion
- (of a point in an electric circuit) having a higher electric potential than some other point with an assigned zero potential