- a shallow brackish or saline marsh or lake in N Africa, usually dry during the summer.
Origin of chott
Examples from the Web for shott
Historical Examples of shott
Some of our peopple passed a shott att him but could not have the fortune to hitt him.
Shott did not go through on the first boat, but remained on the shore.Young Alaskans in the Far North
Miss Shott was at work as she said this, but she could always talk when she was working.
Other friends, however, did not entirely agree with Miss Shott.
Miss Shott dropped in there one day with a very doleful countenance.
- a shallow temporary salt lake or marsh in the North African desert
- the hollow in which it lies
Word Origin for shott
- a variant spelling of shott
- A shallow lake or marsh with brackish or saline water, especially in northern Africa. Shotts are dry during the summer, at which time they are also characterized by salt deposits and a lack of vegetation.
- Variant of shott.