- a disease of the lungs caused by inhaling iron or other metallic particles.
Origin of siderosis
1875–80; < Greek sídēr(os) iron + -osis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a lung disease caused by breathing in fine particles of iron or other metallic dust
- an excessive amount of iron in the blood or tissues
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Chronic inflammation of the lungs caused by excessive inhalation of dust containing iron salts or particles.
- Discoloration of an organ or a tissue by an iron pigment.
- An excess of iron in the blood.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.