Content related to six
Words nearby six
Idioms for six
- in disorder or confusion.
- in disagreement or dispute.
Origin of six
Examples from the Web for sixer
The Guesser was quite certain that he didn't look like a Sixer.
I dunno why, for she had no protection that a sixer would not penetrate.A Gunner Aboard the "Yankee"|Russell Doubleday
And so Scuddy's life went on, with occasional misfortunes in the way of a moon, or another drag, or perhaps a sixer.Tales of Mean Streets|Arthur Morrison
And yet, the suggestion that the Sixer woman had made did require a little thinking over before he accepted or rejected it.
And since when Execs talk like Sixer when they out of they head?
British Dictionary definitions for sixer (1 of 3)
British Dictionary definitions for sixer (2 of 3)
- a stroke in which the ball crosses the boundary without bouncing
- the six runs scored for such a stroke
- in disagreement
- in a state of confusion
- amounting to sixsix nations
- (as pronoun)set the table for six
Other words from sixRelated prefixes: hexa-, sex-
Word Origin for six
British Dictionary definitions for sixer (3 of 3)
Idioms and Phrases with sixer
In addition to the idioms beginning with six
- six feet under
- six of one, half a dozen of the other
- at sixes and sevens
- deep six
- Joe six-pack