- a brown-speckled European lark, Alauda arvensis, famed for its melodious song.
- to frolic; sport: The children were skylarking on the beach.
Origin of skylark
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an Old World lark, Alauda arvensis, noted for singing while hovering at a great height
- any of various Australian larks
- (intr) informal to romp or play jokes
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper