- meaningless or trifling talk or writing.
- Archaic. sloppy or weak food or drink.
Origin of slipslop
Examples from the Web for slip-slop
Historical Examples of slip-slop
The ingenious Mr Cargrim was by no means pleased with this slip-slop method of conducting business.The Bishop's Secret
He could only drive in a slip-slop amateur way and aimlessly zigzagged down the sloping bank which fell away to the high road.Red Money
There was no slip-slop, burlesque, or indistinctness about William Cobbett.
Here is a specimen of the slip-slop with which so many thousand reams of paper have lately been spoiled.
Your morning draught was well enough, but we don't care for your evening slip-slop.Over the Teacups
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- Southern African a rubber-soled sandal attached to the foot by a thong between the big toe and the next toe
- archaic weak or unappetizing food or drink
- informal maudlin or trivial talk or writing