- an implement or machine for clearing away snow from highways, railroad tracks, etc.
- Skiing. a maneuver in which a skier pushes the heels of both skis outward so that they are far apart, as for turning, decreasing speed, or stopping.
- to clear of snow using a snowplow.
- to clear away snow with a snowplow.
- Skiing. to execute a snowplow.
Origin of snowplow
Examples from the Web for snow-plow
Historical Examples of snow-plow
Hold his hands, Happy, sez Horace, as full o fight as a snow-plow.Friar Tuck
Robert Alexander Wason
The snow-plow, even with extra teams, could hardly force its path through.The Blazed Trail
Stewart Edward White
What are you doing, yourselves, with all the engines you want and a snow-plow, and all the men you want?The Cassowary
Engineers and firemen on weed-destroying engines shall be paid at the same rates as in snow-plow service.The Great Strike on the 'Q'
John A. Hall
Ahead a billowy drift which 29 filled a hollow rose level with the wedge-shape framing on the snow-plow front.Lorimer of the Northwest