- Also La Soufrière. a volcano in the West Indies, on St. Vincent island. 4048 feet (1234 meters).
- Also Grande Soufrière. a volcano in the West Indies, on Guadeloupe. 4869 feet (1484 meters).
- a volcanic peak in the West Indies, on Montserrat island. 3002 feet (915 meters).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for soufriere
Previous to the eruption of 1812 the appearance of the Soufriere was most interesting.The San Francisco Calamity
- a volcano in the Caribbean, on N St Vincent: erupted in 1902, killing about 2000 people. Height: 1234 m (4048 ft)
- a volcano in the Caribbean, on S Montserrat: the highest point on the island; erupted 1997, causing the effective destruction of the capital, Plymouth, and requiring the partial evacuation of the island. Height: 915 m (3002 ft)
- a volcano in the Caribbean, on Guadeloupe. Height: 1484 m (4869 ft)