- of, relating to, or resembling sperm; seminal; generative.
- pertaining to a spermary.
Origin of spermatic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
spermic (ˈspɜːmɪk) or spermous (ˈspɜːməs)
- of or relating to spermatozoaspermatic fluid
- of or relating to the testisthe spermatic artery
- of or relating to a spermary
Word Origin for spermatic
C16: from Late Latin spermaticus, from Greek spermatikos concerning seed, from sperma seed, sperm 1
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of, relating to, or resembling sperm.
- Containing, conveying, or producing sperm.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.