- seasoned with or containing spice: a spicy salad dressing.
- characteristic or suggestive of spice.
- of the nature of or resembling spice.
- abounding in or yielding spices.
- aromatic or fragrant.
- piquant or pungent: spicy criticism.
- of a slightly improper or risqué nature; somewhat sexy: a spicy novel.
- Informal. full of spirit; lively.
Origin of spicy
Synonyms for spicy
Examples from the Web for spicey
Historical Examples of spicey
The one that knocked at the door was Spicey, with our invitations.
This paper is run on red-hot indypendant principels, in a spicey, sparklin' manher.The Bad Boy At Home
Walter T. Gray
There was a cinnamon colored jacket hanging on the chair-back, and I said, "Why, that's Spicey's jacket!"
Now look at old Tom, cocked jauntily on the spicey bay and see what a different Tom he is to what he was last night.Mr. Sponge's Sporting Tour
R. S. Surtees
- seasoned with or containing spice
- highly flavoured; pungent
- informal suggestive of scandal or sensation
- producing or yielding spices