- a broad, flat foot, especially one turned outward.
- Pathology. this condition as a deformity in which the arch is very low or absent and weight is borne on the entire sole; flatfoot.
- of, relating to, or afflicted with splayfoot.
- clumsy or awkward.
Origin of splayfoot
Examples from the Web for splay-foot
Historical Examples of splay-foot
I mind that you said it was a splay-foot, and here's the explanation.The Valley of Fear
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Flat-foot or splay-foot is that deformity in which there is loss of the arch, and the foot tends to be pronated and abducted.
And here I thought all along it was because you was splay-foot farmers, and unfortunate, you know, that way like all nesters is.Stepsons of Light
Eugene Manlove Rhodes
Though still some traces of our rustic vein And splay-foot verse, remained, and will remain.Essay on Man
- pathol another word for flatfoot (def. 1)
- a foot of which the toes are spread out, as in certain breeds of dog used in hunting waterfowl